Old 17-02-2005, 08:02 PM
Richard Brooks

Duncan Heenan wrote:
"The Reids" wrote in message
Following up to Nick Maclaren

Are there any issues I should be aware of?

Whether you are allergic to bee stings. Even then, all you
need to do is to take care. Bees are cuddly creatures.

that's my impression, wasps are a different matter!
SWMBO is going on about when they "swarm", don't know if that's
an issue? Otherwise we should get better pollination.

As a matter of interest, would having a lot of bees around do
anything to drive away wasps?

The wasps knows honey is around but in return for trying to get the honey
they have themselves torn to pieces. When I lived in Croydon, a next door
neighbour showed me this happening. Sometimes bees get a little agitated
for some reason and will 'bump' you to let you know you're too close to the
hive. This 'protection' range can be possibly upto 100ft so it can be a bit
tough on neighbours but at least it gives them much needed exercise as they
run back inside.

Richard.