Old 17-02-2005, 08:19 PM
Bill Oliver

In article ,
paghat wrote:
... but the same vines cause damage to
woodframe houses if only by holding moisture forever against the house,
causing wood to rot, & hiding the presence of carpenter ants or fungus,
besides lifting siding.

Bummer. I have a house on a slope, which means that the basement
has a walkout, and the ground floor is about 8 feet above the
ground in the backyard. There is a deck off the first floor
in the back that is thus up fairly high, with a large area
of ground shaded and covered by it. I was planning on enclosing
it, as a place to store my lawnmower and such, with a wood
lattice and planting maypops and clematis.

Is this a bad idea?

billo