Old 17-02-2005, 08:36 PM
Phisherman

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 22:03:48 -0800, Dave Smith
wrote:

As I'm thumbing through the home and garden magazines I see some pretty
amazing back yards, but I don't see any hanging plants. Why is this? Is
it a no-no once you get serious about the back yard?

Dave

I have a night-blooming cereus in a hanging pot under the deck. It is
7-8 feet across, about 17 years old, looks gangly, but really puts on
a show when it goes into bloom. The plant is so heavy, it is hung on
three chains. It is wintering over in my woodshop until spring
arrives. I've always wanted a staghorn fern. What looks bad is a
hanging pot with a dead or no plant.