Old 17-02-2005, 09:27 PM
Toni

"Dave Smith" wrote in message
As I'm thumbing through the home and garden magazines I see some pretty
amazing back yards, but I don't see any hanging plants. Why is this? Is
it a no-no once you get serious about the back yard?

Maybe it is the type yards you are looking at?
I know that in my tropical backyard (and those of all my gardening friends)
there are umpteen hanging baskets containing rhipsalis, orchids, and many
other epiphytic plants. Most of them are the slatted wooden baskets
scattered in among the trees in the dapled light.

Or were you referring more to the plastic pots of petunias?
Too much maintenance!

Toni Carroll
South Florida USA
Zone 10- hot and sunny today