Old 17-02-2005, 11:32 PM
Bill R

Dave Smith wrote:

As I'm thumbing through the home and garden magazines I see some

pretty

amazing back yards, but I don't see any hanging plants. Why is this?

Is

it a no-no once you get serious about the back yard?

In the summer, my backyard is full of hanging plants. I festoon an
apricot tree with orchids I had brought in for the winter. However,
the collection has grown, so I may have to plant another tree---or
build a frame to suspend the overflow.

J. Del Col

I have at least two dozen hanging baskets in my back yard
every summer and usually about a dozen in the front yard.
They are a bit of a pain to keep watered during very hot
weather (they often need to be watered twice a day) but I
think they are worth the trouble. I have some picture of
them on my web site:
http://members.iglou.com/brosen/index.html
--
Bill R. (Ohio Valley, U.S.A)