Old 18-02-2005, 01:43 AM
BillandJeny

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 06:36:47 GMT, "Cereus-validus....."
wrote:

Keep looking. They will turn up.

The problem with most hanging baskets is that the pots dry out too quickly
and need to be watered every day to prevent the plants from wilting. Many
hanging basket plants, especially Petunias, will lose most of their foliage
during the hottest part of the summer and look ratty or even die off
completely. Professional landscapers usually replace their hanging plants
several time a year. That can be expensive and not practical for most
amateur gardeners.

There are some succulent plants that actually do best in hanging baskets but
that's another story.

Excellent advice. when I first started gardening I put impatiens in
hanging baskets in zone 9 in full sun and couldn't figure out why I
had to water at least twice a day.