Old 17-02-2005, 08:14 PM
Rob Halgren

Sarah wrote:
Hi all!

I have a number of phals in pots that are a bit too big. Could this cause
the phals not to bloom? I have a problem with lighting (too low), but I
want to know if pot size could be a factor, too.

Thanks

Probably the light is more a factor than anything else. Make sure you
feed them occasionally too. Problem with pots too big is that you have
a much much greater chance of rotting your roots. No roots = no flowers
(= no plant...).

And, of course, the smaller the pot the more room you have for more plants.

Rob

2a) See rule 1
orchids, obtain more credit

LittlefrogFarm - Growing the plants Rob likes. )