Old 17-02-2005, 09:34 PM
Gail Futoran

"torgo" wrote
I'm ordering some of my replacements this weekend. That ice storm a
few weeks ago did in quite a few rose bushes.

The roses survived the ice itself with no problems, and it didn't get
cold enough to jeopardize anything. But the freezing rain brought
down a pine tree, which obliterated most of two rose beds when it
fell.

Oh no! I do have one tree that might be a hazard to
a rose arbor, but the rest of the roses are in an open
area. We've had flooding that lasted for days but
most of my roses are in raised beds and so far have
survived.

You can spray for pests and disease, but you can't spray for
gravity...

True, very true...

Gail