Old 17-02-2005, 11:35 PM
JimS.

Default burying the bud union?

Is it bad to bury the bud union in a non-harsh-winter climate? Our winters
here in Seattle are pretty mild so I'm not concerned about the freezing--
which is why most people bury beneath the bud union.

I have a couple of plants that just won't seem to sprout basel breaks. I
wondered if covering the bud union, and thus keeping it softer, might
encourage these plants to sprout more breaks from there?

In the past I've heard it mentioned it could cause the union to rot. Anyone
w/ experience in this? Would it work? thanks

JimS.
Seattle