Old 17-02-2005, 09:34 PM
Gail Futoran

"PlainBill" wrote in message
How much lattitude is allowed?

Reason ... Actually I like "community standards".
I try to hang around a ng long enough to get a feeling
for what those are before jumping in. (With some
groups you have to wade through a ton of OT &
spam posts to do that, unfortunately.)

I assume discusion of 'water features' should be permittted.

So far there's been no problem with such topics
that I recall.

Reminders to "Watch out for alligators while trying to drain a swamp"
would seem to be on topic. (Especially relavent to some of my
projects).

Yep.

Transporting live fish is obviously on topic.

But how about other creatures that live in water - such as turtles,
beaver or muskrats? And would this include other members of genus
(snapping turtles are on topic - but how about a desert tortise?)

We've had a lot of such posts because some ponders
have natural ponds or, like me, have ponds that were
designed to attract local wildlife - frogs, toads, snakes.
The ng is called rec.ponds, not rec.fish. We've
even had discussions revolving very large ponds or
what I might call small lakes on private property.

And (after my last experince cleaning up the muck at the bottom of the
pond), is mud wrestling on topic?

Depends on whether or not you provide beer. g

We now return you to ponding.

PlainBill

Gail