Old 17-02-2005, 08:18 PM
Piers Parkin

Default Shredder identity - Scheppach/AL-KO

I am intending to purchase a garden shredder and am looking for an electric
model in the 300 - 500 pound range. I have been told that cheap shredders
are a waste of time, and like most people I am cash rich but time poor. Why
people waste money on cheap junk always fascinates me!

Two models that receive good write-ups are the Scheppach Lonos 3 and the
ALKO SP5000. These appear to be the same machine despite a difference in
price of seventy pounds.

Are these the same machines or is the Scheppach made to a higher standard?

Does anyone have any experience of either shredder or can recommend an
alternative?

Yours Piers - The Surrey Plantsman (Only an acre but well tended!)