Old 17-02-2005, 08:24 PM
Phil L

Janet Baraclough wrote:
:: The message
:: from Jim Lesurf contains these words:
::
::: My first posting in this group. :-)
::: So what *is* the best way to get rid of cats
::
::: I'm fairly new to gardening. Only taken it up with any real level
::: of acitivity since I took early retirement last May. Enjoying it
::: so far despite having little real clue what I'm doing. :-)
::
:: Then let's assume that in future, you would like to discuss
:: gardening with other gardeners in this group. Unfortunately, your
:: first posting is a response to a troll, not a gardener. A troll is
:: a pest-poster who attempts to cause trouble and disrupt the group;
:: and they use this topic very often. To avoid troll timewasters,
:: many posters killfile all threads with "cats" in the title, so

But obviously not you?

:: will have missed your introductory post. I suggest you start a new
:: thread with a cat-free title and introduce yourself again. We're
:: always glad to have new gardening posters.
::
:: There's a weekly post called abc.for newcomers to
:: uk.rec.gardening to welcome you to the group, full of useful tips
:: how to get the best from it, and a link to the groups FAQ's, one
:: of which answers your question about cats.
::
:: Janet.

I can't see why a post about deterring cats from shitting in your
strawberries is deemed as timewasting and trolling unless of course...you
own a cat?
I can imagine that one or two cat owners may take umbrage at their darlings
being called vermin, but where gardens are concerned, this is exactly what
they are - they serve no purpose unless you like your strawberries covered
in it, personally I prefer ice cream.

--

http://www.blueyonder256k.myby.co.uk/