Old 17-02-2005, 11:45 PM
Richard Brooks

Miss Perspicacia Tick wrote:
Richard Brooks wrote:
Miss Perspicacia Tick wrote:
Martin Sykes wrote:
We've just had our first ever blackcap in the garden, feeding on
the fat balls. My book says they're usually not seen until April
and
even then usually in the south so it must be pretty unusual up here
in Cheshire.

We had one here (South Bucks) on Big Birdwatch weekend (29th Jan).
What I'd really love to see is a house sparrow - they've been absent
from my garden for nearly eight years now.

[snipped]

How good are you with a ladder ?

The London Wildlife Trust have a folder entitled 'Wildlife Gardening'
and there is a basic design for a house sparrow box. It's a communal
affair and I'm sure it can be made even longer for a larger
community.

If you like I could try sending the scan to a binaries group for you
to look at. Personally I think that builders should have uPVC
recesses designed into the cladding.

Richard.

Thanks, Richard, but you may email me directly - the address is sarah
(dot) balfour (at) craigy34 (dot) eclipse (dot) co (dot) uk.

Did you get my scanned image as it bounced back with an autoresponder error
?

Richard.