Old 18-02-2005, 05:52 AM
USENET READER

Oscar_Lives wrote:

"Timothy" wrote in message
news:1108429592.3c4805c7d41d512ed79dafd0378aa775@t eranews...

As my grandma would say, it's useless to argue with the facts.
We
make the best tools, the best cars, the highest grade steel...ect.

Are you smoking crack?
US cars are shit compared to even the Koreans.
US tools suck compared to Japans and even Europeans.
Japan's steel is much better and cheaper than ours.

Sorry - American cars might have been crap compared to foreign cars, but
I have several late 80's and early 90's American-made cars (89 Olds, 90
Pontiac and 92 Ford) that have between 130K and 230K on them and they
run great, look great and I get decent milage on them - between 25MPG
HWY on the Ford Crown Vic to 33MPG HWY on the GM cars.

What tools are you talking about? I bought a Porter-Cable circular saw
the other day and it is a much better tool thn all the crap made in
China - I can see this saw working 50 years from now.

Japan's steel is cheaper and better than ours, because the US steel
industry won't spend the money to invest in new technology - they would
rather invest the same money overseas where the labor costs are lower.

I saw we tax the shit out of foreign capital gains to investors - and
reward investment at home - that way we can get around the GATT and WTO
trade sanctions.

The

american corps are striping the machines out of the factories and are
selling it off to the highest bidding third world nation.

Where people aren't so ****ing greedy to demand $50,000 plus benefits a year
for a no-skill job like American workers do.

Hey numbnuts - you know how much skill it takes to use computerized
machine tools, fabric looms, and other manufacturing equipment? What
the **** makes a CEO worth what they steal from investors when they
don't even save the companies or increase market share?

Sorry that the big box store workers can answer your questions. It's not
in the best intrest of home depo to have an informed public, their in the
shit business. They sell you cheap shit and they don't give a shit about
you. Try shoping more locally for your products and be willing to pay more
for competent customer service.

Pay more for poor service and no selection is more like it.

Actually I get much better service in Ace Harware, Burke Brothers, etc.,
then I do in Home Depot. The small hardware store is where I buy most
all my tools and supplies there, except for speciality stuff, bulk
lumber, shingles and siding. The staff is more knowlegable, and they
are paid better and have better benefits. I like to shop at a place
that treats its employees right and I know that more of my money will
stay in the community.

Before you send off some post refuting my position, remember this:
If you don't like it here, if you don't like the workers here, feel free
to get on a plane and make a better life somewhere else. I'm sure china
will great you with open arms ;0)

Yeah, I could double my salary if I wanted a transfer to China. Too bad I
don't like cat.

No - you couldn't double your salary if you moved to China - you would
probably get paid less money, but your salary would go further over
there - especially if you like cat. Hope you like bad air, bad water,
SARS, and living in a fascist totalitarian dictatorship - ENJOY!