Old 18-02-2005, 05:59 AM
USENET READER

Timothy wrote:

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 01:57:39 +0000, Oscar_Lives wrote:

Are you smoking crack?
US cars are shit compared to even the Koreans. US tools suck compared to
Japans and even Europeans. Japan's steel is much better and cheaper than
ours.

Umm, so what do you drive? Many forein car have major troubles after
100,000 mile while american cars are still chugging along. Your so far off
the map about japanese steel. The coke and coal that they get mostly comes
from china and it has so much sulfer in it that it creates **** poor
metal. Most all high quality steel in japan comes from our coke and ore.
You can try to argue, but the best steel in the world comes from usx and
weirton steel.

Where people aren't so ****ing greedy to demand $50,000 plus benefits a
year for a no-skill job like American workers do.

And what is soo bad that someone wants to be middle class and own their
own home, send their kids to college..etc? And *where* the hell can I find
one of these $50,000 a year no skilled jobs? Well? When the american
worker's pay has risen 20% in the past 30 years while the ceo's pay has
risen 2,600% in the past 30 year, I just don't see the room for these
magical 50K a year non-skilled jobs.

Actually, adjusted for inflation, the average American workers pay has
declined during the last 30 years, while CEO pay has gone way the hell
up. Add to that mix that corporate taxes, capital gains and taxes in
investment income has gone way the hell down and the middle class is
expected to make up for that through higher personal property taxes and
sales taxes.

Why should Dell get $280 million in tax breaks to create 2500 jobs (at
$112,000 per job) when smaller companies get $100,000 to create 250 jobs
that pay higher salaries and better benefits than Dell?