Old 18-02-2005, 05:51 AM
David Hare-Scott

"John Tucker" wrote in message
om...
I have very small back yard so I'm in big-time need of a privacy hedge.

I'm
also interested in something that grows fast because I don't plan on being
here for more than another three years or so. I've seen some yards with
bamboo, which seems to provide for a nice, thick privacy screen. I've also
just started looking into Austree Hybrids, which can grow six to seven

feet
in one season - http://austree.com/rma/trees/index.html.

Does anyone here have experience with either of these and care to comment

or
advise?

--
John Tucker
Euless, TX (just east of Fort Worth)

Here in Oz I would use Acacias in that situation. I don't know if you can
get them but there are 100s of species that suit a wide variety of
conditions, some at least will grow where you are. Many will grow 5ft a
year (or more) from 6in tube stock up to their full height. The downside is
that many only last 5-8 years (you don't care) and some people are allergic
to the pollen.

David