Old 18-02-2005, 07:07 PM
~ Windsong ~

"Yabbadoo" wrote in message
UK is in the Western hemisphere, it is currently mid-winter approaching
Spring. We are about 40 miles North of London. To date this winter, no

snow,
ambient temperature varying between 32 and 50 degrees F.
I have a small pond, self-dug, about 800 gallons, made about about 10

years
ago. It did have an eclectic mix of fish, but two major catastrophes
occurred, both within the last year.

Blanket weed became a thing of the past when I added MORE pond plants to my
ponds. Remember to ALWAYS quarantine new fish before adding them to you
pond. No matter where you get them from you have no idea what they may be
infected with.
--
Carol.... the frugal ponder...
"When I feed the poor, they call me a saint;