Old 18-02-2005, 03:09 PM
Jim Lesurf

In article , Janet Baraclough
wrote:
The message from Jim Lesurf
contains these words:

My first posting in this group. :-) So what *is* the best way to get
rid of cats

I'm fairly new to gardening. Only taken it up with any real level of
acitivity since I took early retirement last May. Enjoying it so far
despite having little real clue what I'm doing. :-)

Then let's assume that in future, you would like to discuss gardening
with other gardeners in this group. Unfortunately, your first posting is
a response to a troll, not a gardener. A troll is a pest-poster who
attempts to cause trouble and disrupt the group; and they use this
topic very often. To avoid troll timewasters, many posters killfile all
threads with "cats" in the title, so will have missed your introductory
post. I suggest you start a new thread with a cat-free title and
introduce yourself again. We're always glad to have new gardening
posters.

OK. Points noted. My next topic will probably be about some bulbs or some
edging. Hope these will not encounter similar problems. :-)

There's a weekly post called abc.for newcomers to uk.rec.gardening to
welcome you to the group, full of useful tips how to get the best from
it, and a link to the groups FAQ's, one of which answers your question
about cats.

Thanks. I've only been lurking on this group for a few days. Set my
newsagent to go back over the last 50 postings when I started, but haven't
yet seen the 'abc'. I'll look for it and check the FAQ's as soon as I find
their URLs.

Slainte,

Jim

Armstrong Audio http://www.st-and.demon.co.uk/Audio/armstrong.html