Old 18-02-2005, 03:49 PM
Phil L

Franz Heymann wrote:
:: "The Reids" wrote in message
:: ...
::: A plotholder at my allotment site has applied to keep bees.
::: Are there any issues I should be aware of?
::
:: Have you asked that plotholder whether he/she is properly insured
:: against problems arising from other plotholders who might be
:: allergic to bee strings?

At the risk of sounding like that American loudmouth, "You cannot be
serious?"
If someone dies as a result of a beesting, are the family expected to track
down the owner of said bee and sue them?
Who's to say it was one of the honey bees and not an errant bee on it's
daily travels?
I think this nanny-state has gone way too far, it's bordering on the
American style warnings issued in McDonalds restraunts, "Warning - contents
may be hot" on the side of a cup of coffee! - it's ridiculous.
Just yesterday in Manchester, the annual taxi-drivers outing for disabled
children has had to be cancelled after 45 years because of stupid red-tape
issues such as drivers having to pay for 'risk assessments' and other
pathetic by-laws.
End result: The kids don't get their day out to Blackpool.

--

http://www.blueyonder256k.myby.co.uk/