Old 18-02-2005, 10:06 PM
Franz Heymann

"Duncan Heenan" wrote in message

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message

"The Reids" wrote in message
A plotholder at my allotment site has applied to keep bees.
Are there any issues I should be aware of?

Have you asked that plotholder whether he/she is properly insured
against problems arising from other plotholders who might be

allergic
to bee strings?

I think you'll find in Law, that to sue someone over a Bee sting is
virtually impossible. Firstly you have to prove that it was one of

their
bees, and secondly case law has established that Bees are not owned,

they
are just wild creatures to which you can offer a home.

In that case, I suppose one has to resort to a spot of arson as soon
as there is any serious trouble.

Franz