Old 18-02-2005, 11:52 PM
Johnboy

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message
In article ,
Johnboy wrote:

I think the problem is due to the turf being layed over heavy clay

soil,
actually I know this is the problem, new build syndrome, will top

dressing
do any good and if so what mix should I use?

It will increase the profits of the people who sell you the top

dressing.
Other than that, almost certainly not.

Why not?

Why should it?

I thought the sand might have an effect on the moss, plus the nutrients in
the mix could help more grass to grow, this could take a few seasons to
work.

It isn't going to make the clay go away and, unless
that happens, the drainage isn't going to improve.

Good point, I have thought of adding a few inches of topsoil, would this
work?