Old 19-02-2005, 02:16 AM
Douglas[_1_] Douglas[_1_] is offline
Registered User

[QUOTE
It's curious because in spite of the origins of English, Geordie words
often compare more so with Dutch words, (Geordie might say "summet" for
"some", whereas the "Sommige" (NL)sounds more like summet) and a strong
Dublin accent would help in pronouncing quite a few too.(out: uit).
But whether Geordies could make more sense from the Dutch plant names I
couldn't say.[/quote]

Scottish words and German seem to paralel too at times.

The word Kirk is used to mean a church, and in German it is Kirche.

There are a few I have come across in my time, but cannot really think of them off hand at the moment.
Well use it to fertilise the Christmas trees then.
I have a feeling the market is going to peak sometime next January.