Old 19-02-2005, 08:59 PM
Wendy

Great pictures Larry, you certainly have trained it well. To me by the
looks of it, you may have to give it more light? (Just my guess)
Also do you get your MSU locally to avoid shipping?
Remove peterpan for email reply

Cheers Wendy

Larry wrote:
Thanks to everyone for all their replies. Keep in mind that the plant is ~30
feet total length, including all its branches off of branches off of
branches, etc.

The plant is in a plastic pot with width, length and height each 18 inches.
I have a trellis at each of 2 adjacent sides, and the vine is wrapped around
the trellises as much as possible. It is presently inside during the winter,
but is normally kept outside in a screened in porch during the spring,
summer and fall months (I do not have a greenhouse [yet - maybe someday]).
When outside it is against 1 wall of the screened porch (facing South) and 1
wall of the house.

I add water with MSU fertilizer (a recent change); and frequently mist the
aerial roots with water with or without fertilizer.

Pictures can be viewed he
- http://www.lwpes.org/temp/vanilla1.jpg
- http://www.lwpes.org/temp/vanilla2.jpg
- http://www.lwpes.org/temp/vanilla3.jpg