Old 19-02-2005, 12:14 PM
Charlie Pridham

"Foxfield" wrote in message
I was looking at getting one when we lived in The Highlands. We moved

back
down to civilisation so I no longer needed to pursue the idea.

I was told that it's important to soak the paper for several days to help
the fibres break down and it is time consuming, but then I found hunting

for
logs and chopping them up time consuming too.

--
http://foxfield-parva.mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk

I am considering a paper log maker - one of those things designed to
squidge
damp paper into papier mache bricks.

I was prompted to this as a result of buying a shredder to get rid of

old
bills etc. so as to guard against identity theft.

I looked at the shredded paper and thought 'Probably safer to burn

it'.

Followed by 'Hmmm. paper logs'.

I can find them on T'Internet

We used to do this, had quite a production line going, couple of dustbins
soaking the paper and magazines, once a week making the logs, the resulting
logs were excellent in terms of heat output, we stopped because of the
amount of space taken up in the greenhouses drying the logs! they took
several weeks to dry out completely, so if you have a large covered space
its a good way of using waste paper but in a normal domestic situation you
need too much space to make a worthwhile amount of logs.

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk