Old 20-02-2005, 01:57 PM
ashnook

FWIW I bought a small MTD ride-on mower called PINTO for £750 in April 2001.
I use it to mow a rough grassy area about 1/3 acre with several trees and
bushes in it (and many mole hills). It has coped with this work very well,
mowing once a week in the high season, and I would heartily recommend. it.

Its not beautiful or fast but very manoeuvrable, starts easily and is
reliable. Does what it says on the tin!

--
Brian
www.ashnookplants.co.uk
"Jabber" wrote in message

I need to get a new mower, thinking of John Dere or Countax but do wonder
whether the B&Q ones that are cheaper would be just as good. Has anyone
had
any experience of the cheaper models.Rough grass (not Wimbledon standard)
Any advise welcome.