Old 20-02-2005, 07:33 PM
Toni

"David Ross" wrote in message

Be very careful when you water. DO NOT ALLOW WATER TO GET INTO THE
CENTER OF THE PLANT!! The plant will rot and die if even a small
drop of water reaches the center. That's how I lost my plant. I
was watering, and a drop bounced off a piece of bark and landed on
a leaf. Before I could blot it up, the drop ran down the crease in
the center of the leaf and into the crown. Within a month, the
plant was dead.

I dunno- I have many of these naturalized in tree crotches and I just turn
the water hose on the lot of 'em. When I first began collecting orchids I
coddled them and had loads of problems. When I started tying them into trees
and neglecting them is when I started having lots better results- healthier
plants and many more blooms.

So in my experience (in my climate at any rate) the less pampering the
better.

Toni Carroll
South Florida USA
Zone 10