Old 20-02-2005, 04:18 PM
Kira Dirlik

I've got a bunch of Japanese Stilt Grass
(microstegium vimineum) in my back yard. I've been looking into ways to
get rid of it,

Seven years of pulling it late in the season but before it
produces seeds.
Chris Dukes

You may think Chris is being facitious, but that is what I have been
doing the last 4 years or so. I would have started sooner (and had
less area to pull) if I knew it would work so well. I have found that
where I have pulled 2000 plants in an area 10 x 10', only 4 or 5 will
come up the next year. Very easy and quick to keep the areas you
already did, free and clear. I tackle a larger area every year and
will soon have it done. Unfortunately all the neighbors do not do
theirs, and down by the pond is hopelessly thick and extensive, but
from the house I have beautiful, clean views of the woods now.
Kira