Old 20-02-2005, 07:02 PM
Mike Lyle

pied piper wrote:
"Franz Heymann" wrote in message

"pied piper" wrote in message

"Johnboy" wrote in message
My lawns are looking very poor, 60% moss, plus white patches.

I think the problem is due to the turf being layed over heavy

clay
soil, actually I know this is the problem, new build syndrome,
will top dressing do any good and if so what mix should I use?

The ideal solution would be to remove a foot of clay all round

and
introduce
some organic material and fresh soil but I cant afford this.

Thanks

dont top dress until autumn give the lawn a good spike most moss
is the cause of poor aeration in the soil profile apply some

moss
killer

and a
dose of sulphate of iron one the moss goes black scarify and box
off then brush some seed into the bare areas this should reduce
the moss

also apply
a spring summer fertiliser to boost the grass regular spiking

every
fortnight will help also box off your cuttings when mowing the
grass as build up of thatch and organic material will add to the
problem

good luck

Please try some punctuation next time. Your contribution might

well
have been good, but I will never know, as I gave up half way

through.

Franz

the advice wasnt for you if you have trouble reading it then dont
read it

thisisagroupnotamediumforonetooneexchangeswealllik
etoshareoneanothersopinionsbecauseitoftenextendsou r
knowledge

youmaypreferthegoodoldfashionedwayfrombeforethe
yinventedpunctuationbutsomeofusareunashamedmode
rnistsinthisrespect

orwouldyoupreferboustrophedon

orsanskritforheavenssake

mike.