Old 21-02-2005, 01:07 AM
Travis

paghat wrote:
In article , "junkyardcat"
wrote:

Every year, my plum trees and peach trees get Powdery Mildew which
ruins the fruit. I read that Liquid Sulphur is good to get rid of
powdery mildew. Has anyone ever tried it...and if so, did it work?

Thanks!
Angie

A dilute milk spray works better than sulphur, baking soda, chemical
fungicide, or any other method of powdery mildew control. The field
studies show dilute milk not just slightly better but far & away
the best treatment. For a while it was thought diluted WHOLE milk
was necessary as the original field trials in Brazil used whole
milk. But later trials in New Zealand found that dilute SKIM milk
works just as well. Here's a typical article on the topic:

http://www.backyardgardener.com/tv/mildew.html

That site sure tries to load me up with cookies.

USDA Zone 8b
Sunset Zone 5