Old 20-02-2005, 08:16 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 16:07:18 GMT, Crashj wrote:

Adding a true ground at the outlet for the pond equipment is an
excellent idea, I will do that come spring. There is no need to get
fancy about it with Ti rods and all, a common copper bar about 2 feet
into the ground will do fine. Your local Home Box store will fix you
up with just what you need.

I know my fellow KHA, locally, who built an insulated outbuilding
specifically to quarantine his koi in, (holds two large tanks, about 600
gallons each) is grounded. His building, only 2 years old, was properly
built to electrical code, certified by the city and he still uses the Ti
rods (Rid-Volt” Titanium Grounding Probe) for good measure, overkill? Well
we're only talking $12 here.

I do like the idea of shutting off the power. Good idea. Question I have
is, how long did it take the fish to recover before? I'm wondering if it
would take more than an hour for it to recover and act "normal"? ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~