Old 17-02-2005, 08:33 PM
Lurker

Wow! Some info I can really use! I live about 4 miles from them. My
daughter worked for them for years. Where is this pile of Haydite?

Ted in TLV

On 17 Feb 2005 06:08:09 -0800, Jim Stone wrote:

John:

"I hate to ask this, but...I lost my main client and I just got my wife
working so bonsai soil is low on the money list...how bad REALLY is a
nice
big bag of oil dry from Northern Tools? Silted through some window
screening
of course..."

Heinous. It will turn in to muck before summer. I would get you a 35
gallon
rubbermaid trash can and go to Maas nursery in Kemah. For about $10 you
can
fill it with Haydite. Take it from the rain-washed material on top and
you
could minimize fines...

"On top of that, what is the cheapest bark mulch or organic component?"

You can get a "landscaper's soil conditioner" from Walmart for about
$1.99 a
bag.

While this is sacrelage (sp), there are those out there that do minimal
sifting
or none at all but merely water thoroughly after repotting until the
drainage
runs clear...

50-50 or 30-70 will work fine in our clime, watch the watering frequency
if you
don't sift.

Give a shout by PM if you want more info...

Jim Stone
Galveston TX

++++Sponsored, in part, by Mike Page++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail
+++++

http://www.opera.com/m2/