Old 21-02-2005, 07:48 AM
ashnook

On the subject of pumpkin soup, there is an excellent recipt in Delia's
winter cook book.

--
Brian
www.ashnookplants.co.uk
"Warwick" wrote in message
I just planted up the contents of a seed packet into a number of pots
and expect to see lots of little plants in a few weeks.

I have a bed area prepared for them.. no problems there.

I did similar last year and they were all eaten by slugs within a day of
planting out. I didn't get a single plant beyond 4 leaves.

Is there a companion plant I should consider to distract the slugs. A
particularly slug resistant mulch?

Last year they ignored the beer traps and preferred to nip the pumpkins
in the bud.

I managed to get a whole two plants to crop, but they were in the
greenhouse.

I *love* pumpkin soup and last year I tried pumpkin carving for the
first time ever. As th results from both were successful, I really want
a good crop.

Apparently I have to go a stage further and do 'Spike', 'Buffy' and all
since 'Angel' was considered recognisable.

http://www.affordable-afpers.co.uk/a...lides/Picture_
024.html

Warwick