Old 21-02-2005, 11:22 AM
Tumbleweed

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message MPG.1c83439f2cfa9310989924@dalai
from Warwick contains these words:

I just planted up the contents of a seed packet into a number of pots
and expect to see lots of little plants in a few weeks.

I have a bed area prepared for them.. no problems there.

They usually germinate and grow pretty fast, and are tender when
young...frost is fatal, so are you planning to use cloches when you
plant them out?

I never put mine out till the end of May - frost wrecks them.
They grow so fast that late planting is no problem.
They can be real "thugs" and spread over ground and up shrubs and fences.
We normally plant just two. This gives us lots of bakes and bowls of spicy
soup to fill up the freezer.
(And Delia's pumpkin soup is luvverly!)