Old 21-02-2005, 02:23 PM
Stephen Henning

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 03:59:14 +0000, Phisherman wrote:

I'm thinking about getting a gas-powered chainsaw, perhaps 16" or less,
and wondered model/brands folks like best or worked well. I'm considered
Stihl and Husqvarna. Any other quality brands? I have about 150 trees,
probably an occasional use of the chainsaw. TIA

No matter which saw you buy you can buy bars of different lengths if you
find you need a different length bar. If you go to a saw shop, they
will match up the bar length you want on any of their saws. My saw has
two bars, a standard bar and a brush bar. The brush bar is designed for
cutting at the end.

The saws that are the best balanced are the Stihl 025 C, Echo CS-4400,
Jonsered 2040, and Stihl 021. This is important if you are doing a lot
of cutting.

The fastest cutting are the Stihl 025C & Stihl Super Farm Boss 029, and
Husqvarna 345 & 350. They also have the greatest kickback. They are
probably the ones to avoid.

The best handling are the Stihl 025C and 021, Echo CS-4400, and Jonsered
2040. This is a combination of good balance and low weight.

The easiest to service is the Stihl 018C.

The best buys are the Craftsman Red Chassis 35038 and Craftsman Gray
Chassis 35046. They are the least expensive and the safest with the
least kickback but still good cutting speed.

Another good buy is the Stihl 018C, but it has a little more kickback
then the Craftsman saws.

These are all good saws and you won't go wrong with any of them.

--
Pardon my spam deterrent; send email to
http://home.earthlink.net/~rhodyman