Old 21-02-2005, 10:38 PM
Wes Wilson

Phisherman wrote:

I'm thinking about getting a gas-powered chainsaw, perhaps 16" or
less, and wondered model/brands folks like best or worked well. I'm
considered Stihl and Husqvarna. Any other quality brands? I have
about 150 trees, probably an occasional use of the chainsaw. TIA

Hi Tia -
I've used a variety of chainsaws here on my farm for many years.
Either brand of chainsaw you mention would be fine I'd say.
I have had experience with both - I must say I prefer Husqvarna for the
larger size saw but Stihl is also very good. Be VERY careful with your
gasoline/oil mix and beware of loose handling and kickbacks - do not
operate while too near to anyone else - i.e. read all the provided
chainsaw safety instructions and ALWAYS pay them their due with serious
attention. Make 'safety' a ritual part of all your chainsaw use - and
you'll do just fine!!
- Wes/MO