Old 22-02-2005, 12:56 AM
RichToyBox

Jan remembers correctly. I don't know the mechanism for the release of the
chlorine from the filter, but my BIL killed several fish and saved a few by
moving them from the main pond to a separate pond. When I got there and
measured the chlorine level of his hose water, it was in the level that is
safe for swimming pools and hot tubs. Before the filter, it was at a level
that would have been too low for those applications but unsafe for fish. We
added a dechlorinator and all fish that were not already dead survived. He
had been using the system for several years with once or twice a year
cartridge replacement.
--
RichToyBox

"~ jan JJsPond.us" wrote in message
On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 (HendleyWM) Roy wrote:

.......Did Jan turn you on to this gadget or did you discover it
all on your own?

No Roy, not this jan anyway, I usually recommend hose timers over auto
fills, but the carbon filter on the hose end works great to my
understanding, as long as folks make sure they are doing the job.

I think someone once posted that once they get full of chlorine they start
dumping it????? Maybe some else can remind me? ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~