Old 22-02-2005, 01:08 AM
Roy

So I take it were in agreement on automatic dechlorinating devices
other than liquid you manually pour in the pond.............such as
Amquel etc.

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 19:56:50 -0500, "RichToyBox"
wrote:

===Jan remembers correctly. I don't know the mechanism for the release of the
===chlorine from the filter, but my BIL killed several fish and saved a few by
===moving them from the main pond to a separate pond. When I got there and
===measured the chlorine level of his hose water, it was in the level that is
===safe for swimming pools and hot tubs. Before the filter, it was at a level
===that would have been too low for those applications but unsafe for fish. We
===added a dechlorinator and all fish that were not already dead survived. He
===had been using the system for several years with once or twice a year
===cartridge replacement.