Old 22-02-2005, 07:15 AM
Katra

In article ,
escape wrote:

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 16:06:44 -0500, "jaywalker"
opined:

We just moved into a house that has an in-ground pool in the backyard.
It's very boring back there and I was looking for some ideas on types of
tropical plants that would look nice around a pool and will do good here
in the San Antonio area. I love Elephant Ears and different types of
caladiums, so I will definitely be using a fair amount of those. Thanks!

Banana's, canna's, bay laurel, brugmansia, datura, palms...etc.

I agree with datura as it's quite beautiful but it's even more toxic
than Oleander. Only use it if you will not have kids and dogs around it.
There are a number of beautiful varieties.

--
K.

Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

There is no need to change the world. All we have to do is toilet train the world and we'll never have to change it again. -- Swami Beyondanada