Old 22-02-2005, 02:16 AM
James

"Phisherman" wrote in message
I'm thinking about getting a gas-powered chainsaw, perhaps 16" or
less, and wondered model/brands folks like best or worked well. I'm
considered Stihl and Husqvarna. Any other quality brands? I have
about 150 trees, probably an occasional use of the chainsaw. TIA

I resurrected a Stihl chainsaw bought in 1968, A 20 inch one. Bought a new
chain, vacuum hose and cleaned it up and voila. One pull and I'm there. This
saw was a work horse for me for several years and I didn't need it for a
long time. I bought a light weight 16" Craftsman much later but it didn't
hold a candle to the Stihl so it was reborn and is chewing hell out of those
logs, brush and anything else. Only problem is that it's a little heavy now
but that's the way it was when I bought it. It does get the job done quicker
though.