Old 22-02-2005, 06:45 AM
Alan Gould

In article , Ted Richardson
writes
I have a large compost bin full of the scrapings
from the dropping board in the hen house.
It is pure poo, and unadulterated with litter etc.
What would be the best way to utilise this?
I suspect that it would be far too "hot"
to come into contact with any plant roots.
If it is dug into spare ground, how long would I
have to leave it before planting anything?
Your expertise would be appreciated.

Yes, fresh undiluted poultry manure is much too fierce to be applied to
plants. Give it a couple of months with air access to mature, then
dilute it with compost before use. Even then keep it a few inches away
from growing plants.
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.