Old 22-02-2005, 09:35 AM
Mark Anderson

In article says...
Perhaps the leaf-droop was due to too much or too little watering, doesn't
matter now. But, you need to not keep watering it like you usually do if the
soil is moist and is staying moist. Don't water it "on a schedule." Check it
every day and wait for the top of the soil to dry out. In fact, if it is
really wet and has been really wet for a few days, take it out of the pot
and let the rootball air-dry for a few hours. If you have it sitting in a
drip catching pan, make sure it does not sit in any water. In the summer, I
let mine sit in the water on purpose, but not if you are trying to dry it
out...raise it up with a grate or brick or something..

Thanks for the tips. A few weeks ago I saw the droopy leaves and instead
of analyzing the situation, I panicked and watered it thinking it was
wilting from lack of water. I hadn't been up there to visit in a couple
of weeks so I assumed the plants needed water. I did find out though,
that the other plants were still moist even after a couple of weeks of
not watering. So the cold really makes these plants use less water than
during warmer periods.

As for repotting, my repotting station is outside and all the soil is
frozen. :-) I am letting the plant dry out now in a warm sunny
(relatively speaking) area.