Old 22-02-2005, 04:44 PM
dps

I have a Stihl 025 and I like it.

Whatever you get, spring for the chaps and helmet also. It's worth the
investment. Much cheaper than a single visit to the emergency room.

Stop the saw while you're moving around. Don't start it until you have a
solid footing (and an escape route in case you're felling a tree and it
falls the wrong way). I was carrying a running (idling) saw once. I
tripped (it's always rough ground when you're cutting wood) and my hand
jammed into the ground and set the throttle on full, with my face about
6" from the bar. I had set the chain lock, so that helped, but I always
stop the saw whenever I move around now. The mesh faceplate will stop
chips (but not all of them -- wear safety glasses also) but won't stop
the chain.

Phisherman wrote:
I'm thinking about getting a gas-powered chainsaw, perhaps 16" or
less, and wondered model/brands folks like best or worked well. I'm
considered Stihl and Husqvarna. Any other quality brands? I have
about 150 trees, probably an occasional use of the chainsaw. TIA