Old 22-02-2005, 06:20 PM
Derek Broughon

On Tue, 2005-22-02 at 08:19 -0800, ~ jan JJsPond.us wrote:
On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 15:24:15 GMT, Dean Krick
wrote:

Hi... has anybody had success in keeping raccoons from attacking their
ponds?

Hot wire, electric fencing. You can get it at pet stores or ranch/feed
stores or do a search on your favorite pet store sight. ~ jan

This surprised me. I've always felt that raccoons are, if not the
smartest mammal on the planet, certainly the cleverest. I never thought
an electric fence would stop them - if nothing else, I'd expect them to
find the on/off switch. A friend of mine has a vineyard, though, and he
manages to keep the raccoons out with a simple two strand electric
fence.
--
derek