Old 22-02-2005, 07:41 PM
jedi

"Benign Vanilla" wrote in message

"DKat" wrote in message
This used to be such a nice room to visit. After 9/11 things got nasty

when
I responded to another post saying I thought it criminal to invade

another
country that had nothing to do with 9/11, with no proof that they were a
threat to us. I would have thought things would have gone back to how

it
had been by now. It really seems that the politics of hate has taken

over
everywhere. Sadly even what had been safe havens such as this room.

IMHO, aside from the recent flood of Roy related garbage, this group is as
good as it's always been. Post your political thoughts with an OT: and
you'll be just fine. Especially during the winter, when pond talk is slow.

Its winter time, don't feed your fish, and don't the trolls.

--
BV
Webporgmaster of iheartmypond.com

Oops! That was not meant to be a posting of a political thought... just a
bit of history as to why I disappeared for a couple of years (or so it felt
like). The political discussion at the time was a OT thread. That didn't
keep it from getting very ugly.

I eventually figured out that all the weird posts I was reading came from a
crossposting bunch connected to religion. Once I blocked all of those
posters the room looked quite normal (except for the weird interaction
between a couple that seemed out of character...).

Yes, I'm a firm believer in not feeding the trolls though at times it is
tempting to play at yanking their chains... I just kill file them which
helps cut down in how crowded the room is in any case.

Thanks for the reply. DK