Old 22-02-2005, 05:21 PM
Peter Stockdale

Steve
"Jabber" wrote in message

I need to get a new mower, thinking of John Dere or Countax but do
wonder
whether the B&Q ones that are cheaper would be just as good. Has anyone
had
any experience of the cheaper models.Rough grass (not Wimbledon standard)
Any advise welcome.

I got a "Champion " from Focus and find that it can't cope with uneven
ground. (£799)
It has a fixed deck although the height of cut is adjustable.
I would definitely go for the more expensive floating deck style next time.
If your lawn is nice and flat a cheapy would probably be o.k.but you cannot
cut right to the edge of the lawn with it, as is not the problem with a twin
blade floater.

Pete
www.thecanalshop.com