Old 22-02-2005, 08:22 PM
spiral_72

My LFS guy said to use Sierra (SP?)flakes instead of TetraMin and
discontinue my sinking pellets for the Corys. He thinks the TetraMin
flakes are high in animal content and my little fish can't do anything
with the sinking pellets, thus they just dissolve into the gravel. I
thought that's what they were supposed to do actually. I thought the
cats picked up all the little pieces, but apparently not. With all that
stuff decaying, that would account for some of the phosphate. I just
can't believe I don't vacuum enough if that is the case. Any thoughts
on this?
I am trying to find a local supplier or KNO3 too.

Oh, Steve. Ya gotta pretty nice tank! Nice job.

my aquarium page, info and pics at:
www.geocities.com/spiral_72/Spirals_page.html