Old 22-02-2005, 10:36 PM
salcini

Thank you.
That makes sense. I only hope it is not a total loss before I get home.

"Elaine T" wrote in message
om...
default wrote:
I guess my main concern is if the alcohol slurry has wiped out all of

the
previous biological filtering, and the "living" plankton my wife

described.
I don't leave work for a few hours still....

Hard to know what's happened to the biofiltration without an ammonia
test, but the total percentage of alcohol in your tank should be
vanishingly small. The "plankton" is probably strings of yeast or
bacteria growing on the sugar. You could tell your wife to add a dose
of an ammonia neutralizer like Prime, AmQuel or Stress Coat if you have
any around. An airstone would also be a good idea if she can set one
up, since the yeast and bacteria will be depeleting oxygen.

Good luck with it.
--
__ Elaine T __
__' http://eethomp.com/fish.html '__