Old 23-02-2005, 03:03 AM
Holy Zarquon's Singing Fish

HC wrote:
G'day all
[snip]

Now today from the kitchen window I could see a dragon on the ensuite
windowsill as well as something else??? but what??? so I sneaked
outside (because this little guy is still VERY shy) and I soon found out
what he was up to. I can now say HE because you guessed it.....he was
'otherwise engaged' with a smaller, darker (brown) water dragon. In my
haste to get the camera I disturbed them....maybe it was a shock that a
human saw what they were doing....anyway I missed the photo opportunity,
but it started me thinking that at what age do these little darlings
start to reproduce??? I would have thought they should have been
older.....or is that what I used to tell my kids many years ago??? LOL

There's also a rather wonderful coffee-table/scientific text on
Australian Lizards. Unfortunatlely I can't remember the name/publisher
or whatever, but it is about 10cm thick and full of useful info. You
could also phone the Australian Museum who should be able to put you in
tocuh with someone who can help.