Old 23-02-2005, 12:50 PM
Steve Calvin

Rick wrote:

interesting read snipped
Watch out in the beginning that the plants do not turn up and go back
into the bucket. After they have grown a bit they are two heavy to
turn up and this is no longer a problem.

Have fun!

Rick

ok, I've never heard of this method. I'm "assuming" that you are
talking about hanging the bucket upside-down with the plant growing
toward the ground? If that's the case why not just cut a hole in the
bottom of the bucket put the root end of the transplant through the
whole, put dirt in the bucket and secure the seedling and then fill the
bucket and hang as you normally would hang it (right side up)? That way
the plant would have one heck of a time getting through the plastic to
get back into the bucket. ;-)

If I had a place that was conducive to trying this, it'd give it shot.
Unfortunately, that's not the case.
--
Steve