Old 23-02-2005, 11:35 AM
Janet Tweedy

In article , Alan Gabriel
writes

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message

I believe that from September new builds will not be able to have
chimneys. How sad, after all wood is a sustainable fuel.

How on earth did you work that out?

In the '70's I cut down a dead Elm tree that was at least 50 years old and
the logs lasted me one winter.

To be sustainable, every garden, field, plain and mountainside would need to
be planted up with Leylandii ;o)

--
Regards,
Alan.

That wouldn't burn though would it? I meant that you can grow more trees
and add a bit to the environment whilst they are growing. Once cut down
more trees can be replanted. I love my mutifuel Hunter and would hate to
have to make do with radiators or a holographic real fire look alike!
The fire keeps the whole side of our house warm to touch unlike a
radiator and can be used during power cuts and so on.
What next? a ban on Agas?

--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph